The Q-Box AQUA Respirometry Package is designed for measurements of metabolic rate (VO2) as a reduction in Dissolved Oxygen inside the respirometry chamber with an aquatic animal. Both vertebrates and invertebrates may be studied. Q-Box AQUA uses the principle of intermittent flow respirometry. Up to 4 aquatic chambers/samples may be monitored in a single experiment with additional components. All the chambers would experience the same experimental conditions.
For aquatic respirometry measurements of small fish and insect larvae (~1g) we have mini-AQUA package, a modified version of the Q-Box AQUA with a small aquatic respirometer chamber (9ml) and components for a smaller total volume system. mini-AQUA package also features a micro-chamber (1.23ml in volume) with DO probe inserted in the top portion for measurements of VO2 of very small samples such as larvae and juvenile fish less than 0.5g. The micro-chamber is used in the intermittent stop flow mode resulting in higher sensitivity and resolution of the system.
- Optical DO Probe
- mini-AQUA chamber (9ml, 1.6 cm ID, 4.5 cm long)
- micro-chamber (1.23ml, 1.5 cm ID, 0.85cm depth) in mini-AQUA
- Temperature & Salinity Probe for Water Bath
- Liquid Pump (1 LPM or 0.1LPM in mini-AQUA) & 3-Way Valve
- Digital Control Unit for 3-Way Valve Control
- 6 Channel Data Interface
- Data Acquisition Software
- Absolute Pressure Sensor
- Rugged Weatherproof Case